Alexander M. Gayer, an AV® Preeminent™ peer review rated attorney and a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Business practice group, has extensive experience in the representation of both new and existing privately owned companies in all facets of their businesses, from negotiating and drafting shareholder, operating and partnership agreements and employment contracts, to negotiating and drafting documents relating to the acquisition or sale of a business. In addition, Mr. Gayer has represented clients in connection with raising capital through private securities offerings. Mr. Gayer is also experienced in advising clients regarding the protection of their intellectual property rights, including the filing and prosecution of appropriate trademark or copyright applications.
Mr. Gayer’s recent transactions include:
- Represented Sportime in a $55,000,000 debt and equity financing transaction relating to the expansion of a New York City sports facility.
- Represented sub-franchisor in connection with a corporate cleaning business.
- Represented franchisee in connection with a fitness equipment related franchise.
- Represented multi-national Fintech company in connection with review, assessment and renegotiation of contracts for online services.
- Prepared SaaS agreement for large real estate management firm.
- Represented seller in the $75,000,000 sale of a privately owned Long Island based manufacturing business.
- Represented buyer in connection with acquisition, redevelopment and financing of a 338 unit apartment complex in Mobile, Alabama.
- Assisted cryptocurrency company in the establishment of a trading and mining operation with locations throughout the United States.
- Represented seller in the $15,000,000 sale of a software company.
- Represented an investor in connection with a joint venture entered into for the purchase and development of a $14,000,000 parcel of real estate located on eastern Long Island.
- Represented borrower in connection with $34,000,000 refinancing transaction, including the merger of three Nevada corporations.
- Represented seller in the $1,500,000 sale of fifty (50%) percent of his dental practice, a New York professional service corporation.
- Represented joint venture partner in connection with the sale of a fifty (50%) percent interest in $25,000,000 residential real estate development project.
- Represented client in connection with a shareholder dispute involving a New York corporation owning a $12,600,000 commercial building in New York City.
- Represented franchisee in connection with the sale of multiple franchise locations.
- Represented borrower in connection with $30,000,000 real estate financing transaction.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of partnership interests for entity owning apartment building in New York City.
- Represented seller in sale of $5,500,000 privately held fire and flammability testing company to international strategic buyer.
- Represented franchisee in connection with the investment in numerous franchise establishments.
- Represented investors in connection with acquisition of interests in healthcare technology company.
- Represented borrower in connection with $55,000,000 construction loan.
- Represented investor in antiballistics technology company.
- Represented buyer in connection with $3,100,000 purchase of stock in a privately held automobile parts company.
- Represented buyer in $1,500,000 acquisition of a fragrance company, including an extensive international trademark portfolio.
- Represented two prominent New York City for-hire vehicle companies in connection with establishment of regional management company.
Mr. Gayer’s general corporate and business law practice includes the following:
- Buying and Selling Businesses
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Limited Liability Company Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Severance Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Construction Contracts
- Capital Restructurings
- Secured and Unsecured Financing Agreements
- Start-Ups: Forming and organizing corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Stock Option and other Incentive Compensation Plans
- Computer Software Licensing Agreements
- Filing and Prosecution of Trademarks and Copyrights
- Internet Law Matters
Mr. Gayer is admitted to practice in the States of New York and New Jersey and is a member of the Suffolk County Bar Association.
Mr. Gayer is a graduate of the Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1998) and Dartmouth College (B.A., 1993) where he was captain of the varsity basketball team. Mr. Gayer is a former President of the Dartmouth Alumni Club of Long Island and is active on various Boards, including the Board of Soldier On At Home, a not-for-profit organization whose primary purpose is to provide supplemental financial assistance to local wounded combat veterans.