Ralph A. Rosella is Managing Partner of the firm and chairman of its Corporate and Business practice group which he founded upon joining the firm in 1991.
For over 25 years, Mr. Rosella has represented clients ranging from small closely-held and family businesses to large public companies in structuring and negotiating corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, secured and unsecured financing and other general commercial transactions. He also provides his clients with general business and corporate law advice and has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating shareholder, operating and partnership agreements and employment contracts and in handling certain intellectual property, computer software licensing and internet law matters.
Mr. Rosella’s recent transactions include:
- Represented manufacturer in the food industry in the sale of its business operations for $100,000,000.
- Represented European company in establishing an international distribution system.
- Represented seller in the $70,000,000 sale of a privately owned Long Island based manufacturing business, including sophisticated employment agreements.
- Represented New York sports and recreational business in $23,000,000 bank refinancing.
- Represented seller in the sale of a $5,500,000 privately held fire and flammability testing company to international strategic buyer.
- Represented direct mail business in the sale of its business operations and workout of bank financing.
- Represented professional engineer in the sale of his interest in a professional engineering firm.
- Represented technology firm in the sale of its business for $7,000,000.
- Represented multiple physician groups in its corporate restructure.
Mr. Rosella’s general corporate and business law practice includes the following:
- Buying and Selling Businesses
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Limited Liability Company Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Severance Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Construction Contracts
- Capital Restructurings
- Secured and Unsecured Financing Agreements
- Start-Ups: Forming and organizing corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Stock Option and other Incentive Compensation Plans
- Computer Software Licensing Agreements
- Filing and Prosecution of Trademarks and Copyrights
- Internet Law Matters
Mr. Rosella is admitted to practice in the State of New York. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association and has served as the Co-Chair of its Corporate Law Committee and has served as the President of the Nassau-Suffolk Chapter of the Fordham Law Alumni Association. Mr. Rosella has lectured on various corporate and commercial law topics for the New York State Bar Association, the Nassau County Bar Association, the Suffolk County Bar Association and the New York Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Rosella is a graduate of Hofstra University (B.B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 1980), and Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1983).
Mr. Rosella is rated an AV® Preeminent™ attorney by Martindale–Hubbell®, its highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability.
Mr. Rosella was selected by American Lawyer Media and Martindale–Hubbell® as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Technology Law and was named by Long Island Business News as one of Long Island’s top corporate lawyers in its Who’s Who in Law section.